The Child Development Associate (CDA) Credential Training Program at ChildSavers is designed as a home-based study program for child care center or family day home providers who want to learn about the development of young children and be able to demonstrate the teacher skills associated with providing high quality childcare. You can request information on enrollment and next available orientation at any time. You may also qualify for a grant to help you pay for your coursework.
Topics of study include Safety, Health, Learning Environment, Discipline, Family Involvement, Professionalism and more! Practical information that easily transfers to the work setting is emphasized. CDA candidates are also provided with guidance on developing their own professional resource file, distributing parent questionnaires, writing competency statements, the observation, and the CDA written assessment and oral interview. Upon completion of the CDA training program, the candidate will receive a certificate of completion for 120 clock hours of study needed to apply for credentialing through the Council for Professional Recognition in Washington, D.C.
To participate, you must:
- Be at least 16 years of age and participating in an early child care class through their high school;
- Or hold a high school diploma or G.E.D.;
- Be currently employed or volunteering in a child care center or family day home.
- Enroll at anytime throughout the year once you have attended an orientation.
- Attend at least one class per month and complete required assessments.
To enroll or for more information contact Cindy Kern at (804) 591-3915 or CDA@childsavers.org.