Holiday Craft Activities
December 4, 2017
‘Tis the season for holiday cheer! What better way to celebrate and get in the spirit than to find fun holiday craft activities to do with your kids? You and the children in your care will find some lovely ways to get creative and spend time together. Below are some great ideas to take a break from the cold and get crafty! Don’t forget the hot cocoa and your favorite holiday music!
Get into the Spirit
- Make a bird feeder out of a pine cone and peanut butter
- Create beautiful, waterless winter wonderland snow globes
- Make beautiful, magical ice lanterns
- String garlands together out of pine cones, popcorn, and felt snowman
- Have your kids draw and color their own holiday cards to family members and friends
- Go classic with this craft: snowflakes
- Make a ginger bread house
- Bake your favorite (healthy) holiday cookies together
- Craft a wreath out of rags.
If it snows…
- Give the kiddos recycled bottles with squeeze tops filled with water and a few drops of food coloring. They can go outside (dressed warmly) and make large scale paintings and drawings in the snow.
- Make a snowperson together
- Build a snow fort
- Grab a sled, or make one out of materials around the house, and find the nearest hill
- Stomp through fresh snow to make patterns together like this artist
Spending time with your children, or the children in your care, helps build their resilience, boost their confidence, and strengthens your relationship. A nurturing, healthy relationship with an adult is key to ensuring children grow up safe, happy, healthy, and ready to learn. Share with us on social media any tradition or holiday craft activities you enjoy together.