Accounting and Finance Manager
March 16, 2020
ChildSavers seeks an Accounting and Finance Manager responsible for assisting the Vice President, Finance and Operations with various tasks including the monthly closing; the recording and reconciling of various accounts including revenue, expenses, receivable, payables and payroll; preparing schedules for the annual audit and performing quarterly internal audits. The Accounting and Finance Manager will also have supervisory responsibilities for the Accounting and Finance Coordinator. This is a full-time exempt and benefited 12-month position.
Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- Ensure the integrity of the accounting information by verifying and approving all entries by the Accounting and Finance Coordinator prior to posting in the General Ledger
- Perform daily reconciliations of insurance payments received to the electronic health records and ensure A/R balances are accurately posted
- Review and supervise the processing of semi-monthly payroll and ensure that all corresponding entries are accurately posted in the general ledger
- Generate monthly reports including accounts payable reconciliation, accounts receivable reconciliation, cash flow report and balance sheet audits
- Perform quarterly analysis of balance sheet accounts to ensure all schedules accurately capture balance details
- Review monthly Operating and CACFP bank reconciliations performed by the Accounting and Finance Coordinator and ensure all posting are accurately reflected in the General Ledger
- Serve as primary Business Office liaison for Human Resources regarding payroll and benefits
- Serve as primary Business Office liaison for Development regarding recording of Annual Fund Gifts as well as Grants
- Oversee and take responsibility for all financial policies and procedures
- Prepare schedules and assist Vice President, Finance and Operations in monthly report to Finance Committee
- Assist the Vice President, Finance and Operations in preparing annual agency budget.
- Prepare schedules and assist Vice President, Finance and Operations in annual financial statement audit
- Perform quarterly internal audits to ensure compliance to external audit standards
- Assist with other financial analyses and Business Office operations as needed
Supervisory responsibilities include:
- In conjunction with the VP, Finance hires and trains new employees in Finance
- Supervise and manage the Accounting and Finance Coordinator assignments and priorities
- Assign financial responsibilities in consultation with the Vice President, Finance and Operations
- Conduct performance evaluations for the Accounting and Finance Coordinator that are timely and constructive
The salary range for this position is $65,000 – $75,000 depending on experience.
ChildSavers offers a comprehensive and competitive benefits package, including health, dental, and vision insurance, health savings account, 403b retirement plan, short and long term disability insurance, life insurance, sick and personal leave, PTO, 12 paid holidays, and EAP access.
Education and Experience Requirements
- Thorough understanding and working knowledge of GAAP and basic not-for-profit tax laws
- High attention to detail, organization, and problem solving; deadline-oriented
- Creative resourcefulness and problem solving skills, ability to work independently and take ownership of his/her work
- Advanced knowledge of MS Excel and Word, experience with a Windows based accounting software (knowledge of MIP Abila Non-Profit Accounting software will be a plus)
- Excellent managerial skills
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting (CPA preferred)
- A minimum of five years accounting experience, preferably with at least two in a not-for-profit setting
Located in a historic building at the top of Church Hill overlooking Shockoe Bottom, ChildSavers is proudly celebrating its 96th year serving children and families of Richmond with our diverse workforce. We seek to provide comprehensive mental health and childhood development services that holistically embrace the needs of children and those who care for and educate them. Come be a part of our team and make a difference in the life of a child.
How to Apply
Interested applicants should email a cover letter, resume, and completed ChildSavers application to firstname.lastname@example.org.
You can download the ChildSavers Application by clicking here. Please include the position title as the subject of the e-mail. In order to be considered for any position, you must submit a ChildSavers application with your resume and cover letter.
All job related queries can be sent to email@example.com, or call 804-644-9590 and ask to speak to a Human Resources representative.
ChildSavers is a drug-free workplace.
ChildSavers in an Equal Opportunity Employer. All employees and applicants will be treated without regard to age, sex, color, religion, race, national origin, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identification, marital or familial status, physical or mental disability, legal source of income, or any other status protected by law.