Marketing and Communications Officer
August 14, 2019
As a member of the Development Team, the Marketing and Communications Officer proactively, strategically and creatively advances ChildSavers’ visibility, reputation and relevance with multiple constituencies. The Marketing and Communications Officer will work with the entire development team to develop and implement a comprehensive organizational marketing strategy including, but not limited to; annual fund solicitations, annual reporting, social media, campaign materials, newsletters and stewardship materials. The Marketing and Communications Officer will also serve as the point of contact for the media and various other external parties and will be responsible for managing and overseeing the organization’s fundraising events.
Responsibilities include creating solicitation and stewardship materials, maintaining the ChildSavers website and social media, events management, relationship management with outside press, representing ChildSavers at networking events and speaking engagements, and PR and advertising planning and reporting. The salary range for this position is $48,500 – $53,400.
Education and Experience Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree (Marketing, Communications, Public Relations or relevant field preferred)
- Three to six years’ experience in marketing or similar role
- Extensive knowledge of Microsoft Office software (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with proficiency with copywriting and editing
- Proficiency with Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, and Instagram, including best practices
- Knowledge of SEO and Google Analytics
- Organized with an ability to prioritize tasks and meet deadlines
- Familiarity with nonprofit work and fundraising
- Experience using design software (Illustrator, Adobe, Photoshop, etc.) preferred
- Ability to speak Spanish highly valued
Located in a historic building at the top of Church Hill overlooking Shockoe Bottom, ChildSavers is proudly celebrating its 95th year serving children and families of Richmond with our diverse workforce. We seek to provide comprehensive mental health and childhood development services that holistically embrace the needs of children and those who care for and educate them. Come be a part of our team and make a difference in the life of a child.
How to Apply
Interested applicants should email a cover letter, resume, and completed ChildSavers application to firstname.lastname@example.org.
You can download the ChildSavers Application by clicking here. Please include the position title as the subject of the e-mail. In order to be considered for any position, you must submit a ChildSavers application with your resume and cover letter.
All job related queries can be sent to email@example.com, or call 804-644-9590 and ask to speak to a Human Resources representative.
ChildSavers is a drug-free workplace.
ChildSavers in an Equal Opportunity Employer. All employees and applicants will be treated without regard to age, sex, color, religion, race, national origin, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identification, marital or familial status, physical or mental disability, legal source of income, or any other status protected by law.