ChildSavers provides outpatient mental health therapy for children and their families in Richmond, VA. Children are referred to us by their schools, parents, local health clinics, and other youth-serving agencies. Our professionals provide child therapy and family therapy regardless of the ability to pay.
We accept all Medicaid HMOs and most private insurances. In the case that a child with no insurance, we work with the family to establish a fee that fits a family’s budget.
Among our services and programs are:
- Assessment and Treatment Planning: ChildSavers therapists evaluate emotional and behavioral functioning to design individual treatment plans.
- Psychiatric Services: We offer medication and psychiatric evaluations by our board-certified child and adolescent psychiatrist. Meet our psychiatric service provider, Dr. Thresa H. Simon.
- Play Therapy: The use of toys, games, and play promotes positive behavioral change and emotional resolution.
- Sand Tray Therapy: Creates a symbolic way for a child to work through behavioral and emotional issues.
- Art Therapy: Provides a creative, non-verbal way to reduce symptoms. This sort of therapy is especially effective for children having trouble with verbal expression.
- Talk Therapy: Provides a non-judgmental place for children and adolescents to share problems and successes and offers support to make changes they desire.
- Family Therapy: Involves parents, caregivers, siblings, and extended family members to improve communication, resolve conflicts, and educate those directly involved in a child’s development.