IMPORTANT COVID-19 UPDATE: While we are still taking registrations for training events in late April and beyond, these events are all tentative. Due to the current state of our national pandemic and the need to exercise social distancing and minimize potential infections, these events may be canceled as things progress. We will make every effort to offer remote learning opportunities if we have to cancel in-person events, and paid events will offer an option for refund.
Join us for a Train the Trainer Workshop. Registration is $300 per person, per workshop. Register through the links below.
Choose A Date
Become a trainer in the Surviving and Thriving: Trauma and Resilience Basics curriculum
- 14 hours of live training.
- Box lunches and snacks for both days of training.
- Electronic access to files needed to provide training, including PowerPoint and handouts given prior to workshop for review.
- 3 Learning Collaborative 60-minute sessions following the training (web-based meeting).
- CEU are provided by a local university (14.0 contact hours at an expected cost of $25 per student, payable during event).
- Sessions will be held at ChildSavers (200 N. 22nd Street, Richmond, VA 23223).
Dates for live training are Monday-Tuesday, May 18th and 19th, 2020, 9am-4:30pm each day (14 hours). 3 Learning Collaborative Calls will be scheduled with input from the group.
Note: Limited scholarship is available. Please contact John Richardson-Lauve for more information at firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line: trainer scholarship.
Course Description: This course is designed to prepare selected trainers to utilize the Trauma and Resilience Basics Course in training work within their agency, community partners, and the community at large.
Course Details: Each participant is required to have attended at least one live presentation of the Trauma and Resilience Basics Course. There will be free community workshop offerings prior to the Trainer workshop. Please contact the instructor if needed.
- Selected trainers will be given the opportunity to review all materials and organize them prior to the training day.
- Each participant will attend a 14 hour Train the Trainer session. During these 14 hours, participants will work actively in groups to prepare the material to present for each skill section. This course requires participants to present the material to their colleagues in the session and receive feedback from the group which will highlight strengths and opportunities for growth in the presentation delivery and content.
- All participants will be given access to electronic files of material needed for training.
- Participants will be given access to Learning Collaborative sessions. This will involve 3 web-based live 60-minute sessions with the training leader and colleagues to further competencies, ask questions, and share successes and challenges. Sessions will be recorded and made accessible for those who cannot attend live.
- Participants will gain sufficient knowledge regarding childhood trauma to present workshop to a general workplace or community audience.
- Participants will gain sufficient knowledge regarding skills for building resilient self, individuals, systems, and communities to present workshop to a general workplace or community audience.
- Participants will gain presentation skills to speak in front of a group with competence and confidence.
- Participants will gain skills of self-evaluation and the initial ability to connect with an audience to improve workshop quality.
- Participants will gain skills to respond to audience questions and the ability to seek out new information to enhance their workshop content.
Target Audience – Participants should meet the following qualifications:
- Comfort and skill presenting to an audience
- Basic competency in the material or desire to learn
- Charisma to engage an audience for the duration of the training event.