PLEASE NOTE: This training event will be online via Zoom and includes large group and small group activities. You will have access to recorded content of the large group content following the event.
Trauma and Resilience Train-the-Trainer
Become a trainer in the Surviving and Thriving: Trauma and Resilience Basics curriculum. This course is designed to prepare selected trainers to utilize the Trauma and Resilience Basics Course in training work within their agency, community partners, and the community at large.
- Estimated 12 hours of live training.
- Electronic access to files needed to provide training, including PowerPoint and digital handouts given prior to workshop for review.
- 3 Learning Collaborative 60-minute sessions following the training (web-based meeting).
- CEU are provided by Old Dominion University (12.0 contact hours at an expected cost of about $35 per student, payable during event).
- Sessions will be held via Zoom meeting.
- 3 Learning Collaborative Calls will be scheduled with input from the group.
- Cost: $300 per person.
Note: Limited scholarship is available. Please contact John Richardson-Lauve for more information at email@example.com with the subject line: trainer scholarship. To apply for a scholarship, please click here. Scholarship applicants will be notified on or about November
Each participant is required to have attended at least one live presentation of the Trauma and Resilience Basics Course. There will be free community workshop offerings prior to the Trainer workshop. Please contact the instructor if needed. Recordings of the Basics Course are available for review.
- Selected trainers will be given the opportunity to review all materials and organize them prior to the training day.
- Each participant will attend a 12 hour Train the Trainer session held on Zoom across 4 days. During these 12 hours, participants will work actively in groups to prepare the material to present for each skill section. This course requires participants to present the material to their colleagues in the session and receive feedback from the group which will highlight strengths and opportunities for growth in the presentation delivery and content.
- All participants will be given access to electronic files of material needed for training.
- Participants will be given access to Learning Collaborative sessions. This will involve 3 web-based live 60-minute sessions with the training leader and colleagues to further competencies, ask questions, and share successes and challenges. Sessions will be recorded and made accessible for those who cannot attend live.
- Participants will gain sufficient knowledge regarding childhood trauma to present workshop to a general workplace or community audience.
- Participants will gain sufficient knowledge regarding skills for building resilient self, individuals, systems, and communities to present workshop to a general workplace or community audience.
- Participants will gain presentation skills to speak in front of a group with competence and confidence.
- Participants will gain skills of self-evaluation and the initial ability to connect with an audience to improve workshop quality.
- Participants will gain skills to respond to audience questions and the ability to seek out new information to enhance their workshop content.
Participants should meet the following qualifications:
- Comfort and skill presenting to an audience
- Basic competency in the material or desire to learn
- Charisma to engage an audience for the duration of the training event.
Choose a Date