Child and Adult Care Food Program (CACFP)

Richmond, Virginia

The Child and Adult Care Food Program (CACFP) is a federal government program that gives cash reimbursement to child care providers for the nutritious meals and snacks they serve the children in their care.

ChildSavers is part of a nationwide network of sponsor agencies that administers the federal CACFP. Any licensed child care center, licensed family home provider, or voluntarily registered family child care provider can contact us about participating in this program.

CACFP Child and Adult care food program at childsavers for child care providers

CACFP has many benefits:

  • Child care providers – This program increases your profits. We train and provide you with help in providing healthy meals and snacks to the children in your care. You keep records of those meals and snacks prepared and served to the children. Each month, you submit those records and receive reimbursements for food expenses, which helps make those meals more affordable to you as a child care provider.
  • Children age 12 and under – Eating meals and snacks with appropriate servings of milk, meat or other protein products, fruits and vegetables, and grains/bread keeps them healthier and helps ensure that they will learn and behave better. Just as important, they learn proper eating habits for a lifetime! An emphasis on the benefits and importance of physical activity is also a component of the program.
  • Parents – You benefit by knowing your children are getting the proper nutrition. Also, because this program supplements your child care provider’s income, it helps to keep child care affordable while improving the quality.

To learn more about the Child Nutrition Program (CACFP) or how to participate in the Child Food Program, contact Joyce Mason at 804-591-3924 or

Additional information about the USDA CACFP can be found at the following links:

USDA Nondiscrimination Statement

The U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) prohibits discrimination against its customers, employees, and applicants for employment on the bases of race, color, national origin, age, disability, sex, gender identity, religion, reprisal and, where applicable, political beliefs, marital status, familial or parental status, sexual orientation, or if all or part of an individual’s income is derived from any public assistance program, or protected genetic information in employment or in any program or activity conducted or funded by the Department. Not all prohibited bases will apply to all programs and/or employment activities.

If you wish to file a Civil Rights program complaint of discrimination, complete the USDA Program Discrimination Complaint Form, found online or at any USDA office, or call (866) 632-9992 to request the form. You may also write a letter containing all of the information requested in the form. Send your completed complaint form or letter to us by mail at U.S. Department of Agriculture, Director, Office of Adjudication, 1400 Independence Avenue, S.W., Washington, D.C. 20250-9410, by fax (202) 690-7442 or email at

Individuals who are deaf, hard of hearing, or have speech disabilities may contact USDA through the Federal Relay Service at (800) 877-8339 or (800) 845-6136 (in Spanish).

USDA is an equal opportunity provider and employer.